Tuesday, September 19, 2006

funny short people!

On my way home from work yesterday I ran into one of my favorite comedians of all time, Zach Galifianakis. He was sitting on a window ledge outside a Starbucks with his laptop, picking up their WiFi so he didn't have to go inside and pay 8 bucks for it. I stopped and introduced myself and found out he's a really nice guy. We talked about Dog Bites Man, Comedians of Comedy, and his recent move back to the City. He said he'll be doing the UCB a lot so I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of him in the future.


Then an hour later I went down to the UCB for Bro'in Out, a very funny talk show with Leo Allen (SNL) and Tony Camin (Marijuanalogues). Tom Scharpling (writer for Monk and Tom Goes to the Mayor) was hilarious, as was Pete Holmes (Best Week Ever), but the star of the show was Chris Parnell. Among other things, he talked about his favorite SNL memories (touching Jennifer Garner's ass after Jimmy Fallon took his hand and pushed it on her) and the worst host (Tom Green- apparently Lorne thought he was going to be the next Andy Kaufman, so he let him do what he wanted with the show and he turned it into the Tom Green show, resulting in a show that Parnell didn't think was very funny). After the show I talked to him for a while and he was one of the nicest, most genuine, down to earth guys I've ever talked to. He said SNL had to cut 10 million from it's budget, resulting in the departure of him, Finesse, maybe Horatio (depending on whether or not he gets the Update seat), maybe Maya, and maybe Darrell. And of course Tina and Rachel left to do Tina's show, and he said Lorne's not adding anyone, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. It definitely won't be the same without him. When I asked him what he's up to now, he said he's just looking for work, and he's not sure if he'll be able to find enough work in the City or if he'll have to move back out to LA. But he said it in such a downtrodden way that I wanted to just hire him on the spot. Maybe in 20 or so years I'll have that oppurtunity. Stay tuned!

8 Comments:

At 9/19/06, 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So they're letting Horatio audition for Weekend Update but not Parnell? Doesn't make sense. He and Poehler would work well together.

 
At 9/19/06, 8:22 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Horatio is officially out. check out his blog at

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=39232824&blogID=170016434&Mytoken=D2AC0290-14B4-44A8-AE97E2E7C5314CEB6764094

And maybe for Darrell and Maya? Wow, its so close to the premiere.

 
At 9/20/06, 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was there too! I was the girl that was talking to Chris from the side, wooing for Evil Alien Conquerors and stuff. I saw you! Mind if I post your photo on my site?

Love,
Vanessa
Chrisparnell.net
Fallonized.org

Oh, and the Jimmy bit pissed me off!!

 
At 9/21/06, 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS GUY IS AN IDIOT.

 
At 9/21/06, 7:51 PM, Blogger patrick said...

care to elaborate?

 
At 9/21/06, 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bleh, ignore that. Probably just some asshole that's jealous that you got to talk to him. Any chance you got photos of him in the show? I got some but they didn't come out very nice. Thanks for checking out my site. :)

Love,
Vanessa

 
At 9/23/06, 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't the writer for Monk, it was me! He really couldn't make it, and I was just kidding when I said I was him:

http://www.andresdubouchet.com/blog.htm

see?

Glad you liked it.

-- Andres du Bouchet

 
At 9/23/06, 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um. add the letter 'l' to the end of that link.

I am making good use of my Saturday!

-- Ad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home