Monday, January 15, 2007

Slick Rick is Coming to Town

The master of storytelling, Slick Rick, is coming to the Knitting Factory February 9 and I'm seriously considering buying a ticket. I haven't spent more than $5 on a show since the Comedians of Comedy show at Irving Plaza, but I think this show might be worth the $$. According to the KF website, it's his first show in NYC since being released from prison. Plus, he's performing with a full band, the Adam Deitch Project. I don't know anything about them, but I saw members of Wu Tang last fall with some Brooklyn indie band (thanks to my only black friend, DJ Frequency) and it was quite the mind-blowing experience.

After re-listening to The Great Adventures of Slick Rick I realized three things.
1)
The Streets must have done some serious studying of Slick Rick.
2) "Treat Her Like a Prostitute" is the shit.
3) I wish I could pop and lock.

1 Comments:

At 1/30/07, 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

almost makes you want to give run dmc and aerosmith one more try, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home