Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bloggers Take Over Human Giant

This weekend the Human Giant guys took over MTV for a live, 24-hour marathon featuring musical performances, a few music videos, and sketches with some of the UCBT's most popular performers. Highlights included Zach Galifianakis yelling for the Gilmore Girls ("Kill More Girls!"), John Krasinski in a stand-off situation with Michael Cera and Rob Riggle, rap sensation Cracked Out rapping about what it is to be "Bennigan'z", a hilarious performance by Zouks as "Bryce" the obsessive fan, and two appearances that brought out my possessive side when I realized all of America could see them: Nick Kroll as Fabrice Fabrice, craft services coordinator for "That's So Raven", and John Mulaney and Nick Kroll as the Oh, Hello guys. The marathon also featured this season's Human Giant episodes, culminating in a sneak preview of this week's season finale. If you look closely (I mean really closely), you can catch an appearance by yours truly and friends in the latest Illusionators sketch. We took part in the filming a few months ago on a freezing cold Monday night before a Crash Test. My co-star Katy blogged about the experience. Now you can finally see the fruits of our labor.

Here I am with my Melinda Doolittle impersonation (they say the camera adds 10 pounds and removes your neck).
Aziz catches the missle with his body. Paul mourns, Katie scowls.


Catch the season finale of Human Giant this Thursday at 10:30 on MTV.

6 Comments:

At 5/21/07, 8:53 PM, Blogger beep said...

Greatest (give or take...I fell went to sleep around 11-ish) 15 hours of television ever.

 
At 5/22/07, 8:48 AM, Blogger Katy said...

It looks like something large and black swallowed me in that picture. Now Aziz will never love me.

Where were you during the marathon? I expected to see you in the studio.

 
At 5/22/07, 12:35 PM, Blogger patrick said...

I requested tickets and got a call from some MTV worker at 8:30 Thursday night, saying to call him back in the next 30 minutes if I wanted tickets. Of course I didn't get the message until 10 or so. After reading different people's account of the taping, though, I'm glad I didn't go. DVR was a much better way of watching it.

 
At 5/23/07, 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, you didn't get any screen shots with me in them?

 
At 5/23/07, 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blog was better than the movie,I mean the tv show. Tell me what's going to happen in the next episode.

 
At 5/23/07, 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw you live! Beat that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home